- Go to the computer you use to sync your iPhone/iPod Touch with iTunes, then click this link (or paste to your web browser): http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=330818669&mt=8, or
- Start iTunes, go the the ‘iTunes Store’ and search for the word ‘Tesco’ in the top-right corner of the iTunes application, or
- On your iPhone (or iPod Touch) start ‘App Store’, touch Search and search for ‘Tesco’. You’ll get “Tesco.com R&D Team” and “Tesco Finder” results – select either to reach the Tesco Finder application.
- The ability for a customer to search for any grocery product and then find out the nearest stores that stock it.
- A link to a home shopping customer’s favourites list so they can find these products in any Tesco store that stocks them.
- Work with the business to extend the range beyond groceries to include more non-food items such as electricals, household items and more.
Here is a set of walk-through screen shots for the Tesco Store and Product Finder. If you are a journalist and would like to use any of these images, you can – and for free without any further permission. Just click the images to get full-sized versions. The exception to this is the first screen-shot (surrounded in blue) – which consists of an excellent photograph from Flickr contributor ‘LoopZilla’ which has been cleared for our use (and yours) as long as you assert that he is the owner of the photo and that you link to the original at:
The opening screen starting the application on your iPhone:
The application uses iPhone’s location service to detect where you are, then connects to our server to find out your nearest stores. Touch the circular arrow to get the latest location update:
Here we’ve touched a store name above, which causes the application to display information about the store, including its customer facilities. Note that you can bookmark the store so you can find it quickly using the ‘Bookmarks’ button infuture if you visit it regularly. “View Directions” starts the iPhone’s Map application to help get you to the store:
Touch ‘Find products in this store’ above and you get to the following screen. Tap the ‘search box’ to make the keyboard appear, and type a product to find, followed by the ‘Search’ button:
The application asks our server for the product and location list based on your search:
Back comes the product list (up to 20 products) matching your search. If we have photos of any of these products, they will be shown alongside the product:
Now touch the desired product to bring up its location details, alongside a bigger image of the product – and its full location information. Tap the big question mark for extended help.